There are so many people on Google at the moment looking for “iPhone 4G Recall” – Did you search for iPhone 4G Recall or Apple Recalling iPhone 4G before getting to this site?
If you did, please don’t be worried as Apple are not doing an iPhone 4G Recall. The whole recall alarm was sparked by a fake Twitter account with username “CEOSteveJobs”. The tweet read “We may have to recall the new iPhone. This, I did not expect.”. So many people thought this Twitter account was real and was owned by Steve Jobs – I did too (I recently stopped following CEOSteveJobs when I found out this was a parody account)
The iPhone 4G was released on June 24 and will stay released – no recall pending. There are small theething problems as with all pieces of technolofy, mainly Reception issues and activation issues but iPhone 4G is due for a minor software update before the year is out according to some sources which might help with the initial issues.
The real Steve Jobs responded to the fake Twitter post and also to the iPhone 4G complaints and advised users to avoid holding the iPhone in a way that blocks the antenna. “Avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases,”.
The new iOS 4 update brings new powers to the iPhone!
The new iPhone will have over 100 new features, the free iOS 4 Software Update will allow iPhone 3Gs users to experience the majority of these. The new iPhone OS, iOs 4, will be released on Monday 21st June 2010 – iTunes 9.2 has been updated so download this first and upgrade your systems in preparation for the new iOS 4 release.
The new features of iOS4 will include the following;
- You can use Multitasking and switch between your iPhone apps instantly, without apparently slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.
- There are Folders so that you can organize your iPhones apps into relevant folders using a drag-and-drop technique. You can also manage up to 2160 apps (the current limit is about 180 apps) and get faster access through your folders.
- Text Messaging update – There will be a Character Count option in Messages Settings, so you can keep a track on the number of characters while typing an SMS Text message.
- The Email client has been improved and you can see messages from all your accounts in a unified inbox, organize your email messages by threads, and you can open attachments in third-party apps.
- There is an ebook reader functionality called iBooks. This is not just an ebook reader, rather iBooks allows you to browse and shop for books as well as reading them (or PDFs) within the system.
- The new iPhone will have 5x digital zoom with the Tap to focus function
- While shooting video, tap the display to choose where to focus. You will also be able to tag photos and GeoTag where they were taken.
- The Home screen wallpaper can be changed so that you can have your custom background wallpaper on your Home screen.
- For techies, the iPhone iOS 4.0 includes more than 1,500 new APIs for app developers.
There are many other new features, such as improvements when reading documents, improvements in the contacts section, a photo resize option, playlist creation, and you will find even more when you install your own iOS 4 update (or if you are luck enough to get the new iPhone 4).
The new iOS 4 will work with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G (some functionality for later third generation iTouch models also). Not all features of the features above are compatible with all the devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS and Multitasking then is only available with Apps that have been specifically developed to work with iOS 4 multitasking mode. Also note that the Face Recognition system only works with iPhoto on the Mac (sorry PC users).
The new iPhone4 / iPhone 4G should be on sale in Ireland & UK fairly soon, hopefully in the next month. Carriers such as Vodafone, O2, 3 Mobile and Orange will be making sure customers know well in advance of pending sales of the new iPhone.
This looks like this update will boost the iPhone in the market – great improvements to an already great piece of technology.