Released: Monday, 22nd May 1989
Highest UK Chart Position: 1
The Miracle Track Listing
2) Khashoggi’s Ship
3) The Miracle
4) I Want It All
5) The Invisible Man
7) Rain Must Fall
9) My Baby Does Me
10) Was It All Worth It
11) Hang On In There
12) Chinese Torture
13) The Invisible Man (12″version)
All tracks on the Miracle were credited to Queen rather than individual band members
The Miracle was Produced by Queen and David Richards and engineered by Dave Richards.
Miracle Cover Concept by Queen.
All tracks on the Miracle written and performed exclusively by Queen.
Recommended Songs : The Miracle, I Want It All, Scandal
The Miracle Album Review
Queen wrote this album in a different way that all previous albums to date. They decided to write as Queen, a collective writing machine , rather than highlighting songs as being ‘written by…’. Songs started by one person were then finished by the group. This is reflected on the cover of ‘The Miracle’ – with all the heads combined into one. All members of the band agree that this decision bade the band stronger as a unit and also in terms of songwriting. Brian actually commented that its a pity they didn’t think of doing this earlier.
The album itself starts off with 2 tracks which I don’t like at all Party (apparently based partly on real events) and Khashoggi’s Ship , I have never been able to enjoy these two pieces as I think it just doesn’t fit well on the album. However, the rest of the album is excellent, some great tracks such as ‘ I Want it all’, ‘Breakthru’, ‘Was It All Worth It’ and ‘Scandal’. Apart from the 2 tracks at the start, this is an great album ; Partly because of the joint-writing credits and partly because they had extra energy following a brief break for solo comittments.
Singles released from the Mircale Album
Five singles were released from the Miracle album:
- “I Want It All” ; This was the biggest single from the Miracle album. I Want it All was released in the UK on 2nd May 1989. I Want it All got to a very decent #3 in the British charts but in some other European countries it actuall hit the #1 spot and actually gave Queen their first American rock radio hit since “Under Pressure” by getting high on the Billboard’s Mainstream Rock Singles chart.
- “Breakthru” : This was the 2nd single from the Miracle album and was released in the UK on 19th June 1989. The famous video for Breakthru was shot over two days at the Nene Valley Railway, near Peterborough in Cambridgeshire, England. The song was sung on the train which was traveling up to 60 mph, with Queen singing and playing on the open carriage. Breakthru peaked at number seven in the UK charts.
- “The Invisible Man” : This single was released in the UK on 7th August 1989 and go to a decent #12 in the UK charts. This song was later covered by Scatman John on an album called Queen Dance Trax.
- “Scandal” : This song was the 4th song from the Miracle to be released and got to #25 in the UK charts. Apparently it was a song written about the dreadful way the press dealt with Brian May’s relationship with Anita Dobson.
- “The Miracle” : The title track of ‘The Miracle’ was the 5th final single from this album and was duly released on 27th November 1989 in the UK, reached #21 on the British charts. Another great view was produced for it’s release with young kids playing Queen lookalikes who performed a Queen-style stage show. At the very end of the video the actual Queen members showed up and played and sang alonside the junior counterparts.
Did you know …. that the US Hollywood Records CD version has a slightly edited version of ‘I Want It All’. Some of the vocals on the first chorus are actually missing but Hollywood Records claim that its not a mistake & no corrections are pending.
- The Miracle Album – My Overall Rating 88% 88%
Subscribe to the Shane's Queen Site YouTube Channel
Click the link to Subscribe to the Shane's Queen Site YouTube Channel which has piano tutorials, Queen reviews, the latest Queen news, Queen Covers, Queen Tribute Bands and much more...