According to recent media reports, Queen guitarist Brian May seems to be looking at a sequel to the Queen Biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
Brian was quoted as having said, “there’s plenty more mileage in the band’s story“. Brian also hinted at the fact that he wants the same actors, including Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury, Gwilym Lee as Brian May, Ben Hardy as Roger Taylor, and Joe Mazzello as John Deacon, to reprise their roles in this sequel, calling the actors ‘phenomenal’ in their roles. Brian went on to say “It’s so tempting to do the sequel – it would be worth it just to work with those boys again.“
So what would a Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Sequel look like?
The Bohemian Rhapsody Sequel would continue from where the first movie left off, that being the amazing success of Live Aid.
The following are 10 key Queen milestones which occurred after Live Aid;
- The recording of the ‘Kind of Magic’ Album.
- Freddie recording the Barcelona album with Monseratt Carballe
- Some of Freddie’s other solo releases such as The Great Pretender
- Freddie’s AIDs diagnosis
- The recording of ‘The Miracle’ album in 1989.
- Brian May’s Dads death and his marriage break-up.
- The recording of the last Queen album ‘Innuendo’
- Freddie Mercury’s death
- The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert
- The recording of ‘Made in Heaven’ using Freddie’s vocals from 1991.
There are many other options for Bohemian Rhapsody 2 … but will it ever happen?
The Public Opinion
In a poll that I ran on Twitter last year, asking if people wanted to see a sequel to the Bohemian Rhapsody Movie, 83% of those who responded said No.
What do you think? Please leave a comment below and let us know what you think about Brian’s plans for a movie sequel to Bohemian Rhapsody.
If you wish to read more about this topic, please take a look at this post on the same topic from last year; Are Brian May & Roger Taylor planning a Sequel, Bohemian Rhapsody 2?
You must log in to post a comment.