About Shane McDonald
These are a few brief questions about who Shane McDonald is, where Shane is from, Shane’s background and the things I like. This is an old page but I kept it on the site after moving the site from .org to .ie in 2016. If there isn’t a question here but you want to ask it drop me a line via the contact form…
Use the + symbol on the right of each table to reveal the details
Place of Birth
Currently Living in
80’s/90’s Classic Rock (e.g. Queen, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Aerosmith), Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica
Best Music Concerts Attended
- Glastonbury Festival 2015 (Actually played 2 stages myself … Bucket List ticked off)
- Devin Townsend – Live at the Ancient Theatre, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Joe Bonamassa at the Royal Albert Hall
- Glastonbury Festival 2013
- Queen+ Paul Rodgers (Le Zenith, Paris, France)
- Iron Maiden (O2 London, 2013)
- Joe Bonamassa (Paris, 2014)
- Bon Jovi (RDS, Dublin, 2001)
- Def Leppard (Olympia, Dublin, 2000)
- Metallica (RDS, Dublin 2006)
- Robbie Williams (Lansdowne Road, Dublin, 2001)
- Iron Maiden (RDS, Dublin 2007)
- Whitesnake, Thunder, Def Leppard (Echo Arena, Liverpool, 2008)
Favourite Vintage Arcade games
- Out Run (1986)
- Bubble Bobble (1986)
- R-Type (1987)
- Road Fighter (1984)
- Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins
Favourite Computer Games owned
- Test Drive 2 (Commodore Amiga, 1989)
- Double Dragon (Amstrad CPC-6128, 1987)
- Zorgons Revenge (Oric, 1984)
- Interceptor (Commodore Amiga, 1989)
Favorite European Cities Visitied
- Paris, France
- London, UK
- Prague, Czech Rep. (worked there for a while)
- Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Barcelona, Spain
- Munich, Germany
Favourite Worldwide Locations Visited
- New Zealand (All of it)
- Sydney, Australia
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Hong Kong, China
- Ayers Rock, NT, Australia
- Veti Levu, Fiji
- Everglades, Florida
- Paris, France
- Prague, Czech Rep.
- Orlando, Florida, USA
- Duelling Dragons, Islands of Adventure, Orlando, FL. (Visited 8 Times)
- The Incredible Hulk, Islands of Adventure, Orlando, FL. (Visited 12 Times)
- Montu, Busch Gardens, Tampa, FL. (Visited 6 Times)
Most Unusual Thrill-rides tried
- Horizontal Bungee – just off Interstate 4, Orlando, FL.
- Duelling Dragons, Islands of Adventure, Orlando, FL.
- Alien Encounter, Disney, Orlando, FL.
- Bohemian Rhapsocy
- Top Gun
- Groundhog Day
- Back to the Future Trilogy
- Airplane ( I & II )
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Naked Gun ( all of them ! )
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- Life of Brian – Monty Python
- Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (Original) … something about it!
A lot of retro films there…
- Chinese / Vietnamese
- Seafood, esp. Sushi
- Chocolate – It is a food .. isn’t it ?!
- Soccer – Haven’t played in ages
- Snooker – best break 49, but again haven’t played in ages !
- Pitch ‘n’ Putt – Golf is far too drawn out.
Least Favourite Sports
- Basketball – too much exercise for my liking!
- AFL – How can you miss with 3 goal posts?
- Synchronised Swimming – if one drowns, do they all ?