If you run a WordPress blog and you have an iPhone (or indeed an iPod Touch) then the WordPress iPod App is for you.
You can run multiple blogs using the same App. There was a previous version of the WordPress App but if you had this old version WordPress for iPhone 2 or 2.1 won’t automatically update the old app to 2.0.
The new WordPress App has a better user interface overhaul, some improvements to the software, some bug fixes, as well as some requests.
The WordPress App 2.0 and 2.1 allows you to add and update your posts and blog pages.
The updates in the 2.0 / 2.1 version of the app are.
* A better user interface making it easy to view comments, posts, and pages with a brand new comments interface
* Posts are automatically saved and restored if network connection is lost during publishing
* The WordPress App re-opens in the blog you last used
* You can manually enter the XMLRPC endpoint for non-standard setups – other XML issues resolved.
* Fixed edge case where local drafts were sometimes not saved
* Fixed the order of photos so that they’re displayed in the order they’re uploaded
* A post or page can be deleted by swiping across its title in the Posts or Pages list
* People who made comments, their email addresses are now visible
* Fixes for the link helper, errors in using the more tag, Comments section and URL issues.
The benefit of this great App is that you can compose a few blog entries even without WiFi or 3G connection. As soon as you have connection you can just hit the post button and update to your hearts content.
You can Download the WordPress iPod App from the iTunes App Store.