People are now twittering and tweeting everywhere from the office, train station to the restaurant and airport. The emergence of mobile technology allows people to tweet quickly and easily.
Below are listed some handy iPhone Apps for using Twitter all of which are freely available on the iTunes App Store.
The official Twitter iPhone app has all the features you might expect, tweeting, latest posts, lists, access to your profile and favourites and some other extras. This is the twitter app I use most, mainly because it is the official app.
Latest Version is 3.0.3 – Size 3.9 MB
Price : Free
The Tweetdeck iPhone app allows you to have Facebook and Twitter on the same app, saves you having to access 2 different iPhone apps. Some nice features and if you want to have a fully integrated app this is the one for you, tweet and facebook on the one app. I still use this on occasion and it is a handy tool for Facebook and Twitter users.
Price : Free
This is one I installed a while ago and was my original twitter app before moving to tweetdeck and moving then to Twitter App. It’s a bit clunky and I found it a bit slow to use but that was over 7 months ago … so if anyone has used Echophon add a comment below. However having reviewed the latest app on iTunes I think this has recently been updated.
Price : Free
Feel free to add your comments and review of these Twitter iPhone apps….
The new iOS 4 update brings new powers to the iPhone!
The new iPhone will have over 100 new features, the free iOS 4 Software Update will allow iPhone 3Gs users to experience the majority of these. The new iPhone OS, iOs 4, will be released on Monday 21st June 2010 – iTunes 9.2 has been updated so download this first and upgrade your systems in preparation for the new iOS 4 release.
The new features of iOS4 will include the following;
- You can use Multitasking and switch between your iPhone apps instantly, without apparently slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.
- There are Folders so that you can organize your iPhones apps into relevant folders using a drag-and-drop technique. You can also manage up to 2160 apps (the current limit is about 180 apps) and get faster access through your folders.
- Text Messaging update – There will be a Character Count option in Messages Settings, so you can keep a track on the number of characters while typing an SMS Text message.
- The Email client has been improved and you can see messages from all your accounts in a unified inbox, organize your email messages by threads, and you can open attachments in third-party apps.
- There is an ebook reader functionality called iBooks. This is not just an ebook reader, rather iBooks allows you to browse and shop for books as well as reading them (or PDFs) within the system.
- The new iPhone will have 5x digital zoom with the Tap to focus function
- While shooting video, tap the display to choose where to focus. You will also be able to tag photos and GeoTag where they were taken.
- The Home screen wallpaper can be changed so that you can have your custom background wallpaper on your Home screen.
- For techies, the iPhone iOS 4.0 includes more than 1,500 new APIs for app developers.
There are many other new features, such as improvements when reading documents, improvements in the contacts section, a photo resize option, playlist creation, and you will find even more when you install your own iOS 4 update (or if you are luck enough to get the new iPhone 4).
The new iOS 4 will work with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G (some functionality for later third generation iTouch models also). Not all features of the features above are compatible with all the devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS and Multitasking then is only available with Apps that have been specifically developed to work with iOS 4 multitasking mode. Also note that the Face Recognition system only works with iPhoto on the Mac (sorry PC users).
The new iPhone4 / iPhone 4G should be on sale in Ireland & UK fairly soon, hopefully in the next month. Carriers such as Vodafone, O2, 3 Mobile and Orange will be making sure customers know well in advance of pending sales of the new iPhone.
This looks like this update will boost the iPhone in the market – great improvements to an already great piece of technology.
The much-hyped release of the new iPhone 4G should be with us in Ireland by mid June – and although rumours of early July still persist … we will have to wait and see what happens!
iPhone 4G NEWS UPDATE – Apparently the date is now July for Ireland and the UK with the prices being roughly the same as current 16 – 32Gb versions.
The new 4G iPhone will sell in the US first and the date of June 7th was being mentioned as the possible release date. I don’t think that will happen though.
On the back of the iPad release, the new iPhone 4G should have a huge amount of interest in Ireland & UK. Keep an eye on Vodafone, O2, 3 Mobile and Orange who will be pushing to be the first in Ireland & Uk to sell the new iPhone 4G.
The feature list on the new iPhone is becoming clearer, apparently coming with ;
- a 5 MegaPixel camera
- possibly including multitasking of iPhone apps
- sleeker body design
- sturdier construction
- clearer picture with a high definition capability
- a 3.5 inch TFT touch-sensitive screen
- available in 64GB & 80GB storage
- built in half gig of RAM.
For those with the 3Gs iPhone there should be an OS upgrade also, which should give you some of the features of the new iPhone.
Note : the new 4G iPhone is actually a reference to 4th Generation and does not reflect a transition from a 3G network to a 4G network.
If you are a Knight Rider fan or remember the 1980s TV show then you will surely remember KITT – the talking car.
If you ever wanted to have the Speaking Equaliser which was associated to Kitts voice then you can look no further – the iPhone or iTouch brings you Phone Rider.
The Phone Rider iPhone App picks up your voice using the inbuilt microphone (or plugged in mic if you are using the iTouch) and displays any ambient noise, e.g. speech or music , in the animated Kitt output.
Shown above is the original design which is output by the Phone Rider app, but as everyone knows this was not always the way the Kitt voice was represented (see below for the alternate designs available from the control panel). You can choose from Plain Red, Red Diamond and inverted yellow.
I like this – but it can be a bit overly sensitive (which can be adjusted) – but a nice thowback to the 80s;
Phone Rider – Available on iTunes priced €0.79 – Click Here
iKitt iPhone App
iKitt iPhone App GPS Review