I was delighted to find that my photo of Kinsale Co. Cork was included on the 2013 Morris Oil calendar.
At this stage the photo has made it onto the 2013 calendar but in order to win the overall prize it must get the most LIKES.
Original Post : http://www.shanemcdonald.me/042012-kinsale-co-cork-14project-52/
The traffic to the site is now 1,000 visitors up PER DAY, over the same daily periods in the first 6 months of the year. In the months Jan to June I was getting about 1,800 visitors per day to the site and I put this down to my lapse in frequent blogging and a reduction in updates to the site. This follows on from the Panda and other updates from Google in recent months and I was sure I was affected.
In July I decided to start blogging more and updating the site more frequently. I uploaded a few blog posts in July. This seemed to work very quickly and early August traffic seemed to indicate very high spike in traffic and no apparent reason. Could this be down to the updates and more frequent blog posts?
I will wait and see – but for now I will not be resting on laurels and will be updating the blog on an ongoing basis to ensure this new gain of traffic is not lost !
I had being blogging quite a lot between July 2011 and January 2012 but due to may things, I had very infrequent updates to the blog and to the website in general since January. The one thing I noticed was a drop in traffic and this is something which Google and Search Engines love to see – Regular Updates with Original Quality Content.
Below is a graph of traffic to the website since the regular updates to the site were reduced to once a month or once every three weeks. I’m now doing a test to see how a concerted effort on content might grow this traffic once more.
I’m going to have a blog post on the site once every three days if possible and can then assess the results in traffic numbers. I’m looking at getting the traffic back up over the 50K unique visitors per month.
Lets wait and see…
The concept of Project365 is a way of documenting your life or your photography by taking a photo every day for a year. With the new 5 and 8 MegaPixels camera phones this project365 concept is becoming more popular and images are shared on social networks such as Facebook. I tried Project365 in 2010 and didn’t get far, due to not having the focus or time, to post a unique photo every day.
This year I decided to post a Photo per week in Project52. That way I can maintain some quality within the photos posted rather than just posting any old photo.
What is Project52?
Every week, for one year (52 weeks), I will be taking a photo and posting it online, at shanemcdonald.me, My PhotoBlog.
Photos of what?
The Photos will be of anything ; whatever I am around or whatever I find interesting.
I will be using a DSLR at all times unless I am travelling when I will be using the iPhone 4S which has an excelent camera.
Week 1 of Project52
You can see the first post at shanemcdonald.me by clicking here.
Follow my PhotoBlog on Twitter @shanesphoto or my main account @mrshanemcdonald
Looking back at the year that was on my website and the website traffic for 2011. This was the year Google Panda visited my site, Twitter and Facebook had an impact on search and website traffic, and an overall increase of 21% on website traffic from 2010.
2011 looks like hitting 690,000 unique visitors and 1.8 Million Page Views.
20 The Most Popular Pages on the site
1. Piano Chord Shapes : 198,647 pageviews
2. 420 Chords – ChordMap : 152,515 pageviews
3. Guitar Chords : 51,751 pageviews
4. Learn To Read Music : 50,402 pageviews
5. Easy Music Transposer : 42,333 pageviews
6. Queen Album List / Discography : 34,164 pageviews
7. Chordmap Italiano : 33,584 pageviews
8. Learn Types of Music Notes : 32,594 pageviews
9. How to Transpose : 32,199 pageviews
10. Shanes Queen Site Homepage : 31,194 pageviews
11. Guitar Chord Bm : 27,729 pageviews
12. Guitar Chord List : 27,131 pageviews
13. Piano Chord C Major : 24,666 pageviews
14. Bohemian Rhapsody Chords : 24,075 pageviews
15. How to Fix and iPhone / iPod Touch, with a Frozen Safari App : 23,121 pageviews
16. Homepage : 20,130 pageviews
17. Guitar Chord of Bb Maj 19,159 pageviews
18. Piano Chord of C : 16,702 pageviews
19. Piano Chord Variations in C : 14,552 pageviews
20. Piano Chords in Spanish : 13,443 pageviews
Top 10 Pages on the Blog
1. How to Fix and iPhone / iPod Touch, with a Frozen Safari App : 23,121 views
2. Flight Radar Vs Plane Finder iPhone Apps : 8,615 views
3. Blog Homepage : 1,683 views
4. Fix an iPhone or iPod Touch which Won’t Start : 1,570 views
5. iPhone 4 expected in Ireland in Early June : 762 views
6. Irish Language – What a Waste of Time : 642 views
7. Top 5 Things to Do in Singapore : 592 views
8. UFO Spotted over Copacabana Beach : 572 views
9. Goalkeeper Saves Penalty and Celebrates as Ball Rolls in to Goal : 548 views
10. NDrive – iPhone Sat Nav App : 360 views
Google Panda Update Visited the Site
Google Panda is a change to the Google’s search results ranking algorithm.This change reportedly affected the rankings of almost 12 percent of all search results, my site was affected in October with traffic dropping by about 60%. Below is the output from Google Analytics which shows the dramatic drop in traffic during that time – thankfully traffic was come back up towards normal levels. The website traffic on my site has changed hugely over the years. One April fools day the website traffic was so high, I got shut down – I had generated 105,000 page views in 3 days. That was back in 2009! Hopefully I can replicate that website traffic again soon.
I decided to do a quick SEO review of the website now that 2010 is over. The following is a list of the top 50 pages on shanemcdonald.org for 2010, it is my SEO Review of 2010. You can see the page details, page views and unique page views / visitors on the post below. I will also be publishing the top 25 SEO Keywords for the site (might extend it to the top 50 keywords for 2010). These will be uploaded in the next few days.
Top 50 Pages on ShaneMcDonald.org for 2010
Source : Google Analytics – ( Date Range 1st Jan 2010 to 31st December 2010 )